Commercial Permits

Any tenant alteration, new commercial project or building, or improvements in a commercial building, require a permit. Some projects may also require an appearance before one of the boards or commissions.

Contractors are required to be registered with the City of Independence.
The city code requires all contractors, large or small, to be registered with the City of Independence prior to starting any job. 

To schedule an inspection appointment contact the Building Department at (216) 524-1019. We ask for twenty-four (24) hour notice and we schedule by date and time, Monday - Friday 9 am - 4 pm.

Commercial Downloadable Forms

Commercial Fee ScheduleCommercial Fee Schedule for permit fees
• 2019 Contractor Registration2019 Contractor Registration Packet
• Commercial Project PermitNew building, addition to existing building
• Tenant Alteration PermitTenant Alteration Permit
• Plumbing Permit 
• Electrical Permit 
• HVAC Permit 
• Misc. Commercial PermitFire sprinkler, suppression, alarm, communication cable, low voltage, roofing
• Driveway /Concrete PermitResidential flat work, Commercial driveways or parking areas
• Occupancy Permit ApplicationChange in Occupancy Use or Tenant Information
• Miscellaneous PermitResidential Remodeling/Alterations, Siding, Waterproofing, Roofing, Fences, Windows
• Sign Application 
• RITA FormBusiness Registration Form 48
• Worker's Compensation AffidavitNotarized form if no Worker's Compensation