Vehicle Sale Permit

Independence Codified Ordinance 761.01 - Concerning Vehicle Sale Permit

...any resident of the Municipality is permitted to sell and/or display in the open (i.e., not within a permanently constructed building) one used car, of which he is the owner, upon satisfaction of the following conditions:
  1. The resident obtains a permit for such sale and/or display from the Chief of Police, which permit is effective for thirty days and is renewable for a like period if the Chief of Police, at his sole discretion and for just cause, so determines.
  2. The resident has not sold and/or displayed in the open any other used car within a one-year period from the date that the above described permit is requested.
For more information please call the Independence Police Department:    

Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm 
(216) 524-2380