Community Services Department Adult Programs
Independence Civic Center
6363 Selig Drive
Independence, OH 44131
The City of Independence Community Services and Recreation Departments offer a variety of programs for adults and seniors. Come and make new friends while participating in social programs like meals and bus trips; active programs like yoga and workout classes; and intellectual programs such as card games and meditation.
Listed below is a variety of Community Services programs held regularly. We also have special programs that occur throughout the year.
- 55+ Lunch - Join us most Fridays for lunch. Registration required.
- Adult Lunches - Join us every Tuesday and Wednesday for lunch. Registration required.
- BINGO - Every Tuesday after lunch.
- Movies & Munchies - Come for a newly released movie and free popcorn.
- Low Vision Support Group - A group for people with vision problems and/or the family members who assist them.
- Pinochle - Mondays and Wednesdays in the Civic Center Atrium.
- ROMEOs - A network of retired men who meet for coffee twice a month.
- Yoga - We have three different kinds of yoga to suit a variety of comfort levels.
See the Adult section of the Community Spotlight Program Guide or call either department for more information.