· Chagrin Valley Dispatch Tab
o Independence Fire Department recently partnered with Chagrin Valley Dispatch http://www.chagrinvalleydispatch.com/ as our local communication center. This is our primary link to the public for emergency needs and services. These fully trained dispatchers staff 24/7 and maintain certifications in Emergency Medical Dispatch, CPR, and the National Incident Management System.
· Regional Teams Tab
o Many members of the Independence Fire Department are involved with regional specialized teams. An area wide consolidation of special teams gives all our communities the resources needed without bearing the cost of outfitting these teams themselves. IFD has members of the following teams:
§ High Angle Rescue
§ Trench Rescue
§ Confined Space Rescue
§ Fire Investigation
§ SWAT Medics
§ Communications Teams
§ Unmanned Aerial Support (drone)
· Fire Prevention Tab
o The Fire Prevention Bureau is led by a full time Fire Lieutenant. This department conducts and oversees annual fire inspections of all buildings and businesses located within the City. The Bureau enforces codes found in the Ohio Fire Code as well as using other recognized standards, such as the Ohio Building Code and The National Fire Protection Agency (NFPA), to ensure fire safety compliance is being followed in every building within Independence.
Other programs that are conducted by the Fire Prevention Bureau include:
· Safety talks and fire extinguisher demonstrations for all businesses, civic and school organizations. Training is provided upon request for residents, business owners, and any individuals who work within the City of Independence.
· Home Safety Evaluation Program. This program offers free home safety inspections that include carbon monoxide, smoke detector checks, and household danger awareness.
· Knox Box (commercial and residential) program to promote easy access for emergency personnel into commercial and residential buildings in the City.
· Fire investigations of all fires occurring in Independence. Investigations include determining origin and cause of the fire, and submitting a complete report to the Ohio State Fire Marshal.
· For more information on any fire prevention programs, contact the fire department at 216-524-4001