The Civic Center was built in May of 1992 in conjunction with the Independence Branch of the Cuyahoga County Library. A gathering place for residents of all ages, this facility offers a variety of social and recreational activities.
Upon entering; patrons can turn left to access the Community Services Department, or right to access the Recreation Department, or go straight through the courtyard to access the Library.
The atrium offers a friendly space for residents to gather and socialize. There are couches, tables, chairs, two pool tables, two ping pong tables, foosball, and vending machines available.
Community Services Amenities
- White Oak Room accommodates 110
- Kitchen Facilities available
- Pin Oak Room accommodates 110
- Red Oak Room accommodates 110, folding stage available
- All Oak rooms can be rented individually or combined into one large room; all have individual or combined sound systems depending on room configuration
- The Willow Room provides auditorium seating for eighty. Audio Visual equipment available for movies and presentations.
- Tot Room provides babysitting for children 6 months to 6 years while their parents attend classes or exercise.
- The Craft Room provides a space for crafts for our preschool programs, and is available for birthday party rentals.
- Two full-size basketball courts separated by a net
- Folding Bleachers
- Automatic Scoreboards
- 25-yard lap pool
- Children's Activity Pool
- Steam Room
- Racquetball Court
- Aerobic Room
- Exercise area
- Cardiovascular machines
- Universal weights
- Nautilus machines
- Running/Walking track
- Specialized rubber flooring
- Locker Rooms
Civic Center Pass Information
Requirements for a Pass
- You must be a permanent resident of the City of Independence to purchase a Civic Center pass. Two proofs of residency are required, a current drivers license and utility bill or bank statement.
- A Non-resident guest must be accompanied by a card carrying resident.
- Members are limited to four guests per visit.
- A Civic Center pass is not proof of residency.
|Resident Day Pass
|4 to 12 & Guests *
|Children 3 & Under
*All Guests Must be accompanied by a Resident and leave with the Resident.