Lifeline is an easy-to-use medical alert service designed to reduce the risk of living alone. In the event of a fall or other type of emergency, help is available at the push of a button. The Lifeline personal help button connects you to a trained dispatcher who can send help quickly...24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Lifeline is recommended by thousands of hospitals and professional caregivers across the country. This service has been provided to residents since May of 2000.
How It Works:
- Summon help by pressing your Personal Help Button. This will activate the CarePartner Communicator
- Your CarePartner Communicator dials the Lifeline Response Center and establishes two-way voice communication.
- Within seconds, a personal response associate accesses your profile and quickly assesses the situation
- The associate then contacts a neighbor, loved one or emergency services based on your specific needs. These responders should be family, friends or neighbors who reside in relatively close proximity.
Lifeline is available to City of Independence Residents who...
- Live Alone (Seniors)
- Have a Chronic Illness
- Are Physically Challenged
- Have Special Needs
- Need Post Hospital Care
There is no cost for installation. The monthly rental of the Lifeline unit costs $8.00. This cost is subsidized by the City of Independence.
Contact Community Services at (216)524-7373 or email@example.com
and request an application. Once the application is completed, return it to Community Services. Within approximately 72 hours, you will be contacted by the Fire Department staff to arrange an appointment for installation of the unit.