The City of Independence Community Services Department provides assistance with information and access to City services.
Community Services Resource Flyer
- Daily Welfare Check Program
- Indy Assists (formerly Chore Helpers)
- Residents: Call Jennifer Zisk-Vitron at 216.524.3035 for contractor referral
- Contractors: Indy Assists Contractor Application
- Lifeline Medical Alert System
- Lock Box Information & Application
- Meals on Wheels
- Medical Equipment Loan
- Call the Front Desk for information: 216.524.7373
- Notary Service (by appointment)
- Call Amber to schedule: 216.524.7373
- Senior Snow Removal:
- Senior Transportation
- Call Emily for information: 216.524.7373
Find more information on these programs, refer to the Community Spotlight or call Community Resource Manager Jennifer Zisk-Vitron at 216.524.3035.
To recognize outstanding Independence residents who are active duty or military veterans, you will find our Hometown Hero banners throughout the City on our major thoroughfares.
Hometown Hero 2023 Application
For more information on the Hometown Hero program please contact Gayle Rudary at City Hall: 216.524.4131 or RudaryG@IndependenceOhio.org.