The Purchasing division of the Finance Department of the City of Independence conducts itself in a manner that reflects honesty, integrity, and ethical behavior in achieving the objectives of the City. We pledge to:
- Uphold the Charter and Ordinances of the City of Independence.
- Strive to maintain the maximum value for each dollar of expenditure.
- Adhere to the guidelines of the Ohio Ethics Commission as they relate to gifts and gratuities.
- Demand honesty in sales representation, whether offered through verbal means, written advertisements or proposals, or by sample of the product.
- Foster fair, ethical, and legal trade practices in all aspects of conducting business transactions, and conduct business with suppliers in an atmosphere of good faith, devoid of misrepresentation.
- Afford a prompt and courteous reception to all who call with legitimate City business.
- Show common sense and good judgment in all aspects of the purchasing process.