The Indoor Pool at the Civic Center is open year-round and includes the following amenities:
- Main Pool - 6 lanes, 25 yards, 3 1/2 to 5 feet deep
- Activity Pool - Zero depth to 3 feet deep
The Indoor Pool hosts a variety of water exercise classes, as well as occasional special events for families, such as our Spring 'Diving For Eggs' program. The Indoor Pool is also host to the Independence High School Swim Team - scheduled times for practices and meets are posted during the winter season. Usage of the Indoor Pool facilities is included in the Civic Center membership.
The Outdoor Pool, located in Elmwood Park, includes the following amenities:
- Main Pool
- 8 lanes, 50 meters, 3-1/2 - 6 feet
- Additional 2 feet deep area
- One high dive
- Two 1-meter boards
- Activity Pool
- Zero depth entry to 3-1/2 feet deep
- Play structure and water slide
- Water cannons
For more information on our current roster of aquatics classes, click below.
For additional aquatics programs, see below or contact Aquatics Manager, April Lemke
- Youth & Adult Programs available
- Available Indoors and Outdoors (Summer Months)
- American Red Cross Program
- 6 students to 1 Instructor
- Waterbabies & Preschool: Ages 6 months to 4 years old
- Levels 1 - 6: Ages 5 & up
- Call 216-524-3262 to register or register / view details online.
The City of Independence provides patrons with American Red Cross swimming lessons. Check our Level Descriptions to determine the most suitable level for each child.
Outdoor Youth Swim Team - Independence Stingrays
$50 per swimmer - Independence Residents
$65 per swimmer - St. Michael Students & Grandchildren of Residents
Fee includes Team Suit
Swimmers Level 3 and up are welcome to join the youth swim team. Practices will be divided into groups by skill level and will concentrate on improving the basics as well as more advanced skills. Swim Team Practice is held Monday - Friday, 12:00pm to 1:00pm at the Outdoor Pool starting in June.