The following is a list of changes for the Civic Center Recreation facilities in response to COVID-19 and Ohio state guidelines.
- REDUCTION OF HOURS / SENIOR & IMMUNOCOMPROMISED HOURS
- Civic Center Hours will be reduced – Monday through Friday 6am to 8pm, Saturday 8am to 2pm, Sunday 9am to 1pm
- Monday through Friday 8am – 11am is senior and immunocompromised hours
- ADMITTANCE / ENTERING FACILITY
- All attendees must maintain a 6’ minimum distance from others at all times & follow all posted rules & safety protocol.
- Masks must be worn at all times when in the building except when exercising, & then must remain on person.
- Attendees may be asked for a temperature & symptom check upon entrance.
- Guest policy is temporarily suspended.
- Children 14 & Under must be accompanied by a parent / adult guardian.
- Atrium, downstairs gymnasium, racquetball court, & all common gathering areas will be temporarily closed. The Indoor Pool & the Upstairs Workout Facilities are the only currently open areas. Locker rooms will be open but usage of lockers will be prohibited & showers will be closed.
- The Community Services wing is temporarily closed to the public.
- To minimize interaction & cash transaction, we request that all registrations be performed online via our Activity Registration website, or via phone at (216) 524-3262.
- FACILITY USAGE
- Please follow the detailed operating procedures for the Pool Area and the Upstairs Workout Facilities.
- Maintenance staff will be on duty at all times during open facility hours and all bathrooms, door handles, entry buttons, and any other high-touch areas will be cleaned every two hours at a minimum.
- All water fountains are closed – we encourage attendees to bring their own water.
- There will be no use of lockers and no lost & found area; attendees are asked to come prepared & bring minimal belongings.
- For additional inquiries, call the Recreation Department at (216) 524-3262.
Upon entering, patrons can turn left to access the Community Services Department, turn right to access the Recreation Department, or go straight through the courtyard to access the Library.
The atrium offers a friendly space for residents to gather and socialize. There are couches, tables, chairs, a pool table, two ping pong tables, air hockey, foosball and vending machines available.
- Two full-size basketball courts separated by a net
- Folding Bleachers
- Automatic Scoreboards
- 25-yard lap pool
- Children's Activity Pool
- Steam Room
- Racquetball Court
- Aerobic Room
- Exercise Area
- Cardiovascular machines
- Universal weights
- Nautilus machines
- Running/Walking track
- Specialized rubber flooring
- Locker Rooms with Shower Area
Civic Center Pass Information
Requirements for a Pass
- You must be a permanent resident of the City of Independence to purchase a Civic Center pass. Two proofs of residency are required, a current drivers license and utility bill or bank statement.
- A Civic Center pass is not proof of residency.
- New members must be present to register for and receive pass.
- A Non-resident guest must be accompanied by a card carrying resident.
- Members are limited to four guests per visit.
|Family Yearly Pass||$65.00|
|Individual Yearly Pass||$30.00|
|Senior Yearly Pass||$20.00|
|Disabled Yearly Pass||$20.00|
|Resident Day Pass||$2.00|
|Guest Day Pass (Ages 13 & Up)*||$5.00|
|Children Guest Day Pass (Ages 4 to 12)*||$3.00|
|Children 3 & Under||Free|