- OPERATING HOURS / SENIOR & IMMUNOCOMPROMISED HOURS
- Civic Center Hours are currently – Monday through Friday 6am to 8pm, Saturday 8am to 2pm, Sunday 9am to 1pm.
- Monday through Friday 8am – 11am are senior and immunocompromised hours.
- ADMITTANCE / ENTERING FACILITY
- All attendees must maintain a 6’ minimum distance from others at all times & follow all posted rules & safety protocol.
- Masks must be worn at all times when in the building except when exercising or swimming, & then must remain on person.
- Attendees may be asked for a temperature & symptom check upon entrance.
- Guest policy is temporarily suspended.
- Children 14 & Under must be accompanied by a parent / adult guardian.
- All common gathering areas will be temporarily closed. Locker rooms will be open but usage of lockers will be prohibited & showers will be closed.
- The Community Services wing is temporarily closed to the public.
- To minimize interaction & cash transaction, we request that all registrations be performed online via our Activity Registration website, or via phone at (216) 524-3262.
- FACILITY USAGE
- Please follow the detailed operating procedures for the Indoor Pool Area and the Upstairs Workout Facilities (click links to review).
- Anyone using the gymnasium or racquetball court must bring their own equipment, no equipment will be provided by staff.
- No group play in the gymnasium - only individuals or members of the same household. 10 person limit.
- Maintenance staff will be on duty at all times during open facility hours and all bathrooms, door handles, entry buttons, and any other high-touch areas will be cleaned every two hours at a minimum.
- All water fountains are closed – we encourage attendees to bring their own water.
- There will be no use of lockers and no lost & found area; attendees are asked to come prepared & bring minimal belongings.
- For additional inquiries, call the Recreation Department at (216) 524-3262.
Upon entering, patrons can turn left to access the Community Services Department, turn right to access the Recreation Department, or go straight through the courtyard to access the Library.
- Two full-size basketball courts separated by a net
- Folding Bleachers
- Automatic Scoreboards
- 25-yard lap pool
- Children's Activity Pool
- Racquetball Court
- Aerobic Room
- Upstairs Workout/Exercise Area
- Cardiovascular machines
- Universal weights
- Nautilus machines
- Running/Walking track
- Specialized rubber flooring
- Locker Rooms with Shower Area (Shower Area is Currently Closed)
Civic Center Pass Information
Requirements for a Pass
- You must be a permanent resident of the City of Independence to purchase a Civic Center pass. Two proofs of residency are required, a current drivers license and utility bill or bank statement.
- A Civic Center pass is not proof of residency.
- New members must be present to register for and receive pass.
- Guest policy is currently suspended in light of COVID-19 precautions - facilities are currently for residents only.
|Family Yearly Pass||$65.00|
|Individual Yearly Pass||$30.00|
|Senior Yearly Pass||$20.00|
|Disabled Yearly Pass||$20.00|
|Resident Day Pass||$2.00|
|Children 3 & Under||Free|