- OPERATING HOURS
- Civic Center Recreation Department Hours are Monday through Friday 6:00 am - 8:00 pm, Saturday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm, Sunday 9:00 am - 3:00 pm.
- ADMITTANCE / ENTERING FACILITY
- Guest policy; Residents 16 years of age and older may bring one Non-resident guest of any age per visit.
- Children 12 & Under must be accompanied by a parent / adult guardian.
- To minimize interaction & cash transaction, we request that all registrations be performed online via our Activity Registration website, or via phone at 216-524-3262.
- Lockers are available. Residents must bring own lock. Recreation Department will not provide locks.
- The Recreation Atrium is open. Tables, games, phone chargers and water fountains are available for use.
- Gymnasium is open for use, but residents must bring their own equipment (ie, basketballs, volleyballs, etc.)
Upon entering, patrons can turn left to access the Community Services Department, turn right to access the Recreation Department, or go straight through the courtyard to access the Library.
- Two full-size basketball courts separated by a net
- Folding Bleachers
- Automatic Scoreboards
- Racquetball Court
- 25-yard lap pool
- Children's Activity Pool
- Locker Rooms w/ Showers (currently closed)
- Aerobic Room
- Upstairs Workout/Exercise Area
- Cardiovascular machines
- Universal weights
- Nautilus, Precor, Octane & Cybex machines
- Running/Walking track
- Specialized rubber flooring
Civic Center Pass Information
Requirements for a Pass
- You must be a permanent resident of the City of Independence to purchase a Civic Center pass. Two proofs of residency are required, a current drivers license and utility bill, current pay check stub or medical bill.
- A Civic Center pass is not proof of residency.
- New members must be present to register for and receive pass.
|Family Yearly Pass||$65.00|
|Individual Yearly Pass||$30.00|
|Senior Yearly Pass||$20.00|
|Disabled Yearly Pass||$20.00|
|Resident Day Pass||$2.00|
|Children 3 & Under||Free|