The City of Independence Service Department maintains a Class IV compost site. The material collected throughout the year is processed and made available to residents through pick up or delivery.
Compost delivery takes place in the spring. Call the Service Department to have your name and address added to the compost list. Please fill out and return Compost Waiver prior to the delivery of compost.
Listed Below are the Guidelines for Compost Delivery
- Call the Service Department at 216.524.9191 to be placed on the compost list.
- Your name, address and phone number are required.
- Rental homes must have the approval of the home owner to have compost delivered.
- Prior to the delivery the City must have a signed waiver with a delivery location noted.
- Location must be in the driveway or on a hard surface.
- We will not deliver compost to backyards.
- A compost pile for self-pickup by residents is available outside the Service Department.
- The Service Department DOES NOT load private vehicles.