Mission Statement: "To serve the people, residents, and businesses of the City of Independence with respect, along with wise and efficient methods that will set the standard by which all others will strive to live up to."
Yard waste Pick Up starts the week of April 4th on your rubbish day
Separate yard waste in paper bags or open containers not weighing more than 50 pounds
Service Department Responsibilities
- Curbside rubbish, recycling, and yard waste pick up
- Chipper service
- Special Pick Up
- Snowplowing of streets and sidewalks
- Sign and mailbox installation
- Maintaining and repairing City streets
- Curbside leaf pickup in the fall
- Free compost delivery from yard waste pick up
- Maple Shade Cemetery
- Maintaining main sanitary and storm sewer lines in the City right-of-way
Starting in July, 2022, City crews will be placing new recycling decals on residents' trash receptacles on their regular rubbish pickup days. Cuyahoga County Solid Waste District granted the City $5,830 to replace and update current recycling decals. These new decals have a handy QR code that is linked to CuyahogaRecycles.org. On the website residents can search specific items to determine if they are recyclable or not.
Click the links to download the UNACCEPTABLE Items for Recycling and the ACCEPTABLE Items for Recycling decals.