Do I Have to Come to Court?

The following offenses require a court appearance and may not be processed by a traffic violations bureau:

  1. Any indictable offense
  2. Operating a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol or any drug of abuse
  3. Leaving scene of accident
  4. Driving while under suspension or revocation of driver's or commercial driver's license
  5. Driving without being licensed to drive, except where the driver's or commercial driver's license has been expired for six months or less
  6. A third moving traffic offense within 12 months
  7. Passing a standing school bus
  8. Wilfully eluding or fleeing a police officer
  9. Drag racing
All fines and court costs are due on the date you appear in court. To view your rights in court, click here: Rights In Court

Waiverable Citations
Most minor misdemeanor traffic charges give you the option of paying a fine instead of going to court. You can call the court at 216-524-7719 or click the link below to determine if your ticket is waiverable.

Payment can be made in the following ways:

  1. Online at (MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express)
  2. Send a money order or certified bank check (NO PERSONAL CHECKS) to:

    Independence Mayor's Court
    6800 Brecksville Road 
    Independence, OH 44131 

    Attn:  Violations Bureau
  3. Come in person to the address above to pay with cash, money order, or credit card Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.