Chair and Members
Functions of the Finance Committee
- Meet on a regular basis to review year-to-date income tax receipts, total revenues, expenditures/disbursements and current cash balances
- In conjunction with other Committees, review and prioritize potential projects to be completed in the current and upcoming years
- Review and update the Five-Year Capital Improvement Plan with the goal of presenting legislation to Council for approval at the June Regular Council Meeting
- Review the upcoming year's preliminary Operating Budget and Capital Budget, which includes departmental purchases and projects, infrastructure projects and maintenance contracts
- Meet with department heads to discuss departmental capital requests
- Discuss debt service with a commitment to paying down debt
- Discuss various ways to curb City spending to become more efficient
- The Committee and/or Council meet to debate and analyze the Capital and Operating budgets
- The Committee and/or Council meets to firm up each budget document, and reach a consensus on a final budget document with the goal of adopting a budget for the upcoming year
- Review any matters of importance brought forth by the Finance Department and Finance Team
- Review proposed new or revised legislation that requires Committee-level discussion with a goal of making a recommendation to Council
The Finance Committee meets on an as-needed basis.
For any finance related questions or concerns, contact one of the Committee Members.