Tents are available for rental through the Recreation Department from May until October for residents only. Tent rental is not available for businesses. Each household is limited to 2 (two) rentals of a City tent per year and no more than 1 (one) City tent will be rented at a time. Tents are installed at your residence by Service Department employees on a Thursday and removed on a Monday. Also, you may request sides for the tent at no charge - when making your reservation for the tent rental, please specify if you would like the sides on the tent. There are no tent rentals available Fourth of July weekend, during the City's Home Days event in August, or the Fall Fest in September.
Tent Rental Fees
20 x 20 Tent (*Capacity 50) - $150.00
20 x 40 Tent (*Capacity 100+) - $250.00
*Capacity reflects setup with 6' tables
***Tent rentals do not automatically include tables & chairs***
A check, money order, cash or credit card, and a signed waiver with placement diagram, must be completed at the time of reservation. NO REFUNDS for tent rental cancellations. For more information or to schedule a tent rental, please call the Recreation Department at 216.524.3262.
Table and Chair Rental
Independence Residents are able to rent six-foot folding tables and folding chairs from the Recreation Department free of charge twice a year. Table and chair rentals must be reserved through the Recreation Department at 216.524.3262. Residents are allowed a maximum of 10 tables and 60 chairs per delivery. Tables and chairs are delivered on Fridays and picked up on Mondays (subject to change during holidays).
Dumpsters are available for residential rental from the Service Department by calling 216.524.9191.
General and Construction Material - 5 yard: $ 50.00
General and Construction Material -10 yard: $100.00
Logs and Stumps - 5 yard: $150.00
Logs and Stumps - 10 yard: $300.00
Railroad Ties - 5 yard: $100.00
Railroad Ties - 10 yard: $200.00
Dumpster Rental Rules and Requirements
- Only one dumpster may be placed at your residence for rental. The City does not allow more than one City dumpster to be placed at your residence on the same day.
- Dumpster rental fees must be paid prior to drop off of a dumpster, with a signed waiver giving permission to enter the resident's property. Dumpsters must be placed on a hard surface and not on the grass or in the street.
- The dumpsters are used for snow plowing, which takes priority over dumpster rental.
- Large dumpster rental is discontinued starting the second week in October until April (weather permitting). Small dumpster rental is available all year.
- Dumpsters are dropped off on Friday and picked up on Monday.
- The following items cannot be put into a dumpster: tires, paints, chemicals, liquids and food rubbish.
For information on facilities rentals, click here.