Special Pick Up
The qualifying items listed below must be called in by Thursday of each week for a special pick up on Friday:
- Appliances (refrigerator with doors removed, stoves, dishwashers)
- Hot water tanks, basketball hoops, exercise equipment, lawn mowers, tractors, snow blowers, grills, metal items (all metal)
- Fluorescent tubes and compact light bulbs (CFLs)
- Paint, oil, gasoline, chemicals in closed containers, propane tanks
- Computers and monitors
All other items not listed above are to be placed on your tree lawn on your rubbish day, including:
- Furniture (all sizes), Must be completely sealed in disposable plastic for removal
- Mattresses and box springs (all sizes), Must be completely sealed in disposable plastic for removal
- Toilets, shower stalls
- TVs (all sizes)
- Plywood (large amounts require dumpster rental)
- All miscellaneous items
Step II mailboxes can be purchased through the Service Department with a check, money order, cash, or credit card. The cost of the mailbox to residents is $75.00, which includes installation by the Service Department, removal of your old mailbox, and installation of numbers on the mailbox. Black is the only color available for mailbox installation.
Mailbox Damage During the Snow Season
It is important that your mailbox be in good condition, securely attached to a substantial support at the proper height, and at the proper distance from the roadway. Custom-made mailboxes should be shielded or replaced for the winter with a standard box.
The Service Department will make repairs or replace mailboxes that have been damaged by snowplows.
For more information on mailboxes, please call the Service Department at 216-524-9191.